Friday, Oct. 16
I took call number stickers and video information off videos and cases. I also started working on Senior High periodicals section.
Monday, Oct. 19
I took call number stickers and video information off again. I also worked on Senior High preiodicals.
Wednesday, Oct. 21
I took stickers and video information off again. The foil backed stickers are a pain to take off. I also worked on Senior High periodicals again. There was something fun that took away some of the boredom, though. The library had gotten some new books and they needed to be stamped. The library has a stamp that has the school's name and city on it and the the books are stamped on the first page, page 25, and the inside of the back cover. It only took 2o minutes to do, it was a fun break from the routine but it was short.
Friday, Oct. 23
I took stickers and video information off again. I finished the Senior High periodical list. I swept the floor with the floor sweeper.
Monday, Oct. 26
There was a big batch of videos to do, and it took me all the time to finish it. It wasn't really that hard to do, you get in a groove and time flies by. The only problem is that the foil stickers have been on the videos and cases for several years and don't come off in one piece.
Wednesday, Oct. 28
I took stickers and video information off again. But I also got to put some stickers on. The library had gotten some new DVDs, and they needed barcodes and call number stickers put on them. There were about 3o DVDs to put stickers on.
Friday, Oct 30
The computers had been acting funny before I had got to the library and they went down a few minutes after I came in, so things became kind of quiet without classes coming in to use the computers. I had a small batch of videos to de-sticker and got done with them kind of quickly. Since it wasn't really busy, me and librarians cleaned everything (computers, tables) and straightened up the shelves.
Monday, Nov. 2
I had another small batch of videos to de-sticker and got them done in about 20 minutes. When I got done, Mrs. Smith asked me to put the new DVDs on the shelves in video room. While doing that, I noticed that because the videos were shelved on their sides and there weren't that many DVDs in the collection, the DVDs couldn't be shelved standing up with their spines to the searcher. After talking to Mrs. Smith, we decided to reposition the shelf broads. It wasn't really that hard, the shelves weren't heavy and the pegs that the broads rested on could easily be moved up and down. It was pretty dusty, though.